Take the chance to learn more about new opportunities for industry-driven innovation under Horizon 2020.
First of all, the Fast Track to Innovation Pilot (FTI) is known as a fully-bottom-up measure in Horizon 2020 which intends to promote close-to-market innovation activities, is open to all kinds of participants in any area of technology or application.
The main ideas are to speed up the time from idea to market and thus increase the participation of industry, and SMEs. It is also important to stimulate the participation of first time applicants to the EU research funding, the transfer of technology, and to increase private sector investment in research and innovation, with a focus on value creation, and the development of innovative products, processes and services.
The FTI Pilot will be implemented in 2015 and 2016 with a total budget of €200 million (€100 million per year) across the Horizon 2020 priorities – Industrial Leadership and Societal Challenges. It will be implemented in such way that proposals can be submitted at any time. All proposals will be evaluated and ranked, and funding decisions will be taken after three cut-off dates in each year.
General rules to apply to FTI Pilot under Horizon 2020
- 5 Partners maximum (minimum of 3 entities from 3 different EU countries):
- Consortium of 3 or 4 partners – 2 must be linked to the industry;
- Consortium of 5 partners – 3 must be linked to the industry;
- Up to €3 million per project can be considered (expected to be between €1 million and €2 million);
- Bottom-up: all areas of Industrial Leadership and Societal Challenges;
- Continuously open call (from January 6th, 2015);
- 3 cut-off dates: April 29th, September 01st, December 01st;
- EU funding levels are fixed at 70% of the eligible costs (non-refundable);
- Time-to-grant for participants will be six months at most.
Funded activities for FTI Pilot under Horizon 2020
- System validation in real working conditions;
- Business model validation;
- Establishment of standards;
- Pre-normative research;
Are you interested in knowing more about the FTI Pilot? We are here to help you boost your ideas into successful projects! Talk to us.Tags: European Commission, FTI Pilot, Horizon 2020, SMEs